Classroom Teachers (Lead Teachers and Junior Teachers) are entrusted with advancing the mission of the school through the development of a rigorous standards-aligned curriculum, responsiveness to feedback provided and collaboration with the instructional team on areas of instructional and/or curricular need at the school.
Classroom Teachers will work closely with the Dean of Curriculum and Instruction and the School Director in establishing and maintaining a fiercely positive school culture, creating a college preparatory curriculum for each grade, including the assessments and scope and sequence.
Teachers will drive our success in developing an elementary curriculum that allows our students access to the most selective high schools, colleges and universities.
• Use the school’s scope and sequence to develop unit plans and daily lesson plans
• Submit lesson-plans to with the Dean of Curriculum and Instruction or the School Director for every unit
• Work with the Dean of Curriculum and Instruction or the School Director to revise, edit and improve daily lesson-plans
• Develop curriculum that addresses different learning needs of diverse learners, including special education and English Language Learner students
• Implement and maintain every detail of the school’s systems and procedures, including homework, discipline, transitions, community celebrations, breakfast, lunch, and classroom culture so that our school is structured and highly joyful with a focus on growth
• Execute daily, weekly and interim assessments and analysis, implementing highly responsive instructional action plans that bring 100% of scholars to mastery of 100% of objectives such that every single student masters every single standard
• Ensure that the school’s academic standards are rigorous, clear, measurable and aligned with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills Standards
• Use a variety of research-based methods to engage students in the classroom
• Use planning periods for the advancement of student academics
• Assume responsibility for the progress of all students
• Continuously use assessment data to refine curriculum and instructional practices
• Implement school discipline policy to foster positive and structured school environment
• Work with grade-level and subject-level teams to develop curriculum and create strategic plans
• Maintain close relationships with parents and guardians and involve them in their children’s education
• Lead Teachers will provide feedback to Junior Teachers through established school process
• Junior Teachers will support Lead Teachers in curriculum and instruction development
• Participate in additional school activities including field trips, professional development sessions and data analysis sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year
• Participate in school-related community events, such as recruitment fairs, canvassing events, and fundraiser events as needed throughout the year
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree preferred
• Experience in a K-5 classroom with a positive track record of student academic success in the classroom
• Ability to take constructive feedback and quickly incorporate that feedback
• Innovative, creative, and willing to take risks
• Ability to take initiative, highly organized and efficient, self-motivated
• Familiarity analyzing data and using data to inform decisions and/or instruction
• Knowledge of Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills Standards in relevant grade(s) and subjects
• Valid Teaching Certification in Texas is preferred, but not required
• State required fingerprint and background check
• Belief in and alignment with Rêve Preparatory Charter School’s mission and core values is required
• Enthusiastic mindset to take on non-related job duties as necessary and assigned
• Strong communicator and relationship builder with adults, including peers and families
• Accuracy, attention to detail and follow through on all activities
• Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
• Experience with and/or understanding of life experiences in underserved communities
• Spanish proficiency preferred
Rêve Preparatory Charter School offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Rêve Preparatory Charter School is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: This job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals hired into this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. Rêve Preparatory Charter School reserves the right to change any or all content of this job description based on business needs. The incumbent, if applicable, will be consulted and notified of any changes before they become effective.